I create a wide variety of stained glass pieces – from small decorative or commemorative panels to full sets of window or door panels to fit different spaces.
Below are some example commissions undertaken over the last 10 years, each with their own unique design.
Find out how to commission your own stained glass piece below
" I just wanted to tell you how thrilled I am with the lamp...you have done exactly what was in my mind, we have her on her own table in our new room and she looks a million dollars. Thank you so much! "
" I am so happy! Got home early enough from work to enjoy the stained glass mountain scene in the sunlight and I'm amazed how it takes on another beauty when the lights come in at night. "
How to Commission a stained glass piece
If you are interested in commissioning a stained glass piece to fit a designated space or as a sun catcher, these are the steps I normally follow:
1. If you are local (Devon), I will make an appointment to visit you to discuss your requirements, initial design ideas and sizing. If you live further afield, we can start the design process using email, phone or post. This is free of charge.
2. Based on the initial design consultation, I will provide you with an estimated quote.
3. If you are happy to proceed, I will make a final sketch of your chosen design and we can discuss the glass colours for your panel – the fun part! I will then produce a formal quotation. At this stage I ask for a deposit payment of half of the total cost to confirm the order.
4. Upon receipt of the deposit, I will draw up the full size plans to scale for your approval and we will double check final measurements before the piece is made.
5. Making time is usually 12 - 24 weeks, depending on workload. For large projects the timescale may be longer. On larger commissions, I will require a mid-way payment, and the final payment will be due upon completion of the piece.
6. Once the windows are ready, they can be hand-delivered to you, or you are welcome to collect them. You will need to arrange for a carpenter of your choice to fit the window, door or panel. I cannot accept reponsibility for any damage caused during installation, or in transportation if collecting the item yourself.
Prices for stained glass can vary enormously depending on the complexity of the design, type and colour of glass used and how much glass painting is involved. You can expect to pay anywhere between £150 - £800 per square foot / 30 cm square.
For commissions there is a minimum order value of £150. Delivery and/or fitting costs are extra.